Monday, January 9, 2012

What is Your Passion?




"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
Eleanor Roosevelt

We are still at the beginning of this brand new baby year. I took a little break from blogging in order to get more focused on how I am turning the pages of 2011 and moving into 2012. My thoughts turned to thinking about my deepest passion in life which is to teach and be a positive influence on my clients and students by giving them tools and strategies that help enhance their lives. 

I find that some people are clear about their vision, mission and purpose and most haven’t got a clue. Wouldn’t it make sense to get really clear about what you love to do and what you want to be? 

What is your dream? If you could do one thing to transform your life this year, find something you’re passionate about and become fully engaged in that activity. Your purpose and passion are your own. No one can impose themselves into your definition of happiness and success. So, what are your deepest desires? Let’s begin with a few simple (maybe not simple) questions to ask yourself over the next few days.  

  • I am passionate about what I’m doing in my career?
  • Do I engage in hobbies such as gardening, some kind of sport, cooking, or music that bring me joy?
  •  Am I passionate about my spiritual practices?
  • Am I excited to get up in the morning whether I jump out of bed or ease into the day?
  • Do I end my day with a sense of accomplishment and gratitude?
  • Am I clear about what brings me joy each day?   

As you answer these questions begin to think about the inner goal which is to be happy. The things that you might want may not bring you happiness because they may not connect back to what you are passionate about. 

Passion isn’t something that can be attained, it isn’t something somebody else has and you don’t. It’s within you. Passion is essential it keeps you alive, it is the energy of life flowing through you and it is necessary for you to reach your full potential. 

Open up to those things that you are passionate about and begin to believe in the beauty of your dreams.  

No comments:

Post a Comment