Monday, October 10, 2011

Flying High!



I was recently thinking  about a friend who wanted to get his pilot’s license and eventually became skilled and confident in his ability to fly small planes. One beautiful fall day he invited me to fly over the Mojave Desert. I arrived at the airport early and waited for him to check the aircraft; he went through his checklist not once but twice which made me feel very secure.  When we finally took off, the sense of freedom flying over the desert and seeing the snow covered mountains of Southern California from above  was exhilarating. 

We had many wonderful excursions after that and they were always related to good preplanning. Yet how do we plan each day as we set out into vast expanse of our lives?

Perhaps we could use a checklist before setting off into our day.

Here is as ten point head to toe check list I prepared for myself.

1.     Do I have any contaminated thoughts?
2.     Is my visibility clear? How am I seeing things today?
3.     Is my heart open to love and compassion?
4.     Do I have any energy leaks?
5.     Are there any obstructions that need to be released?
6.     Am I willing to use my hands in a creative way?
7.     Is my compass set on my higher purpose?
8.     What is my attitude?
9.     Where am I going with my day?
10.   Do I have sufficient fuel to get me there?

Check.....
Is everything a go?
Check
Yes…..
Take off, sour, and see your life from a place that you’ve never seen before….
Now enjoy your flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment