Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Joy Factor!


A joyful Spirit is
evidence of a grateful heart.

On my weekly trip to the grocery store I decided to take the scenic route. Rather than travel down a busy three lane highway with traffic signals and one strip mall after another, I took a tree lined country road. The mindless drive I usually take turned into a mini-adventure that was thoroughly enjoyable. I stayed in the moment admiring the scenery; I felt that my life was indeed special and I found joy in the journey. It probably cost me an extra gallon of gas to go to and from the grocery store on that beautiful tree lined country road. Cost $3.25.  Joy factor, extremely high.

How many times in your life have you thought if you had more money, more freedom, more love, more friendships, that you would have more joy and happiness in your life? The truth is that we can choose to experience joy in the present moment. It doesn’t have to cost a lot of money or take a lot of time. Think about something you can do today to increase your joy factor and invite your friends and family to join in.

Abraham Hicks said, “Reduce your workload by 30% and increase your fun load by 30%. More fun, less struggle—more results on all fronts.”

Put on your dancing shoes and make  a joyful day!




No comments:

Post a Comment